Kiawah Island, named for its original Native American inhabitants, is a beautiful barrier island located only 21 miles south of Charleston, South Carolina. Its maritime forests and tidal marshes have been developed carefully and slowly, protecting and preserving the natural beauty that attracts home buyers from around the United States here.
Real Estate for Sale in Kiawah Island
The property owners on Kiawah Island are made up of a diverse array of active people with a wide variety of interests, and the island offers a multitude of amenities to entertain them all. International Bistro Nights, Music on the Green, Annual Blues by the Sea and Outdoor Movie Nights are just some of the sponsored events.
The official owner/operator of all the resort amenities on the island is the Kiawah Island Golf Resort. The government of the Town of Kiawah Island offers the usual city services as well as many cultural opportunities and events. Private gated residential communities provide a great balance with business development on the island, keeping the homes private so residents may enjoy the natural beauty around them.
For fun, three different clubs exist on the island, with each club offering multiple amenities of their own, including:
- Kiawah Island Club: private membership club for island property owners
- The Governor’s Club: There are five outstanding golf courses on the island, designed by pro golfers Tom Fazio, Arnold Palmer and others. Membership offers access to the two tennis centers on the island
- The Sandcastle: family-friendly community center with a private beach.
Other services, activities and amenities available for residents on Kiawah Island include:
- Freshfields Village: commercial and retail center with boutiques, restaurants, specialty stores and other retail outlets
- Marsh Island Park: on east end of island with Observation Tower for observing river and wildlife
- Night Heron Park Nature Center: exhibits, nature tours and naturalist-led programs
- 30 miles of paved bicycle trails
Homes for Sale in Kiawah Island
Home values are stable here because of the guaranteed protection from over-development. There are luxury homes in a variety of architectural styles. From New England shingle cottages to traditional Lowcountry styles, there are designs for nearly every taste.
Kiawah Island is a great place to raise a family while enjoying outdoor activities like kayaking, crabbing, swimming, hiking, biking and golfing.
Choosing real estate on Kiawah Island is about investing in memories and in your family’s future. To begin touring neighborhoods that fit your needs, the View Properties Charleston team will gladly assist you in obtaining the home of your dreams.